The Gathering Urban Campaign
1) Dark Fantasy – Think Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
2) Urban Campaign – The game will have continuity of setting (mostly).
3) Lethal/Brutal Combat – Combat is NASTY. Don’t pick a fight unless you KNOW you will win. A bad-ass warrior can quickly die when attacked by 5 thugs.
4) Low/Subtle Magic – Very few mages tossing fireballs.
5) Priests have POWER – See #3. A priest with 5 fanatics can ruin your day in a hurry.
6) PCs will start low level, probably young, probably dirty poor.
7) Low Tech – Bows and Crossbows. Black powder is almost unheard of.
8) True Names are important and hidden – No one ever goes by their True Name. If a wizard/mage ever knows your True Name, you’re fucked!
Band of Brothers – The PCs have known each other most if not all of their lives. They are basically a family.
Stormbringer stats: STR, DEX, CON, SIZ, INT, POW, CHA. Bonuses: -1 for every 2 points under 11, +1 for every 2 points over 10.
Skills: Vague skills similar to Savage Worlds, based on most appropriate stat. D20, need a 10 for most basic tests, plus 1 per rank plus stat bonus. Example: The Feral Kid has DEX of 18 (plus 4) and 3 ranks of Athletics (plus 3) for a total of plus 7. He can climb a normal wall on a roll of 3 or higher on D20.
HPs: CON + SIZ bonus.
Talents: Weird stuff. Advantages. Examples: Spellcasting (one school), Lucky, Tough.
In the shit-ive
D12 + DEX bonus. Highest goes first.
10 + Armor + Dodge or Parry skill
D20 + Fighting/Shooting/Throwing skill
Weapon base damage + possible STR bonus – possible armor
Gang up – Multiple attackers will add stacking bonuses
The drop – Surprise/backstab/defenseless will have lots of bonuses
Beat AC by 10 or more is a special hit
Natural 20 followed by a “normal” hit is a critical